Notes to Membership Application
• The Association may admit as an Associate Member individuals who are new entrants to the strata industry,
strata lot owners, students and those wishing to gain more knowledge about the strata industry but are not
practicing whilst seeking employment or pursuing further associated study related to the management of
strata titled buildings.
• An Associate Member shall not have any voting rights.
• Membership is conditional upon Committee approval and payment of the prescribed entrance fee and
Entrance Fee and Annual Subscriptions
• An Entrance Fee in the amount S$50 is payable within two (2) weeks of approval of your application for
membership, in default of which your membership may be withdrawn by the Committee.
• Annual subscription fees in the amount S$50 shall be payable in each financial year commencing 1st January
through 31st December.
• Annual subscriptions are payable in advance within the first month of each financial year.
• If annual subscription is not received within the first two (2) months of the financial year, the President may
recommend that you be denied privileges of membership until such time you settle your account in full.
• Subscriptions not received more than three (3) months of their being due will result in the defaulting member
automatically ceasing to be a member of the Association. Thereafter, the Committee may seek legal recourse
against that member for the recovery of all arrears outstanding.
• Payments to the Association by bank cheque shall be in favor of “Association of Strata Managers”.
Cancellation of Membership
• Associate membership can be cancelled should you breach the Association’s Constitution, code of ethical
conduct and/or accepted business practices within the strata management industry. There will be no refund if
your membership is cancelled.
• No refund will be provided by the Association should you wish to voluntarily cancel your membership during
the membership year. Notice of Membership cancellation shall be submitted to the Association in writing.
• The Association reserves the right to cancel your membership should your payments not be received within
the prescribed time frame for each year.